Saturday 6 March 2021

Notes From The Z Barn

Songs:

Fox On The Run
I Won't Back Down
Ring Of Fire
Jet Airliner
Cinnamon Girl
Poor Poor Pitiful Me

(solo with some female friends helping out)




Plus  backing up Terry McCauley on a few songs.
Tequila Sunrise, She's just my style.  Lyin Eyes, Ventura Highway, Horse With No Name, Sister Golden Hair, Sandman, Blue Bayou, Pink Houses, and Little Drummer Boy to name a few?!

Terry McCauley-Vocals and guitar
Guy Peterson-Guitar and vocals
Mark Johnson-Vocals

I got locked out of the house prior to going to the Z Barn  But thankfully my brother got home, so I threw a guitar and snare drum and roared down to the Z Barn, an out of place venue that hosted a acoustic hootenanny.   Our favorite troubadour Terry McCauley invited me to hang out and I did that.  While the guitar numbers were good, (despite some off key female singers) I think they liked me having the snare to play the songs too.  

Terry McCauley has been a good friend of mine since we ran into each other at Stone City a couple years ago.  He has a great musical knowledge of the soft rock bands of America, Eagles, Jimmy Buffett etc etc. but his musical act is just him and guitar.  He's been a regular on the music scene for over 40 years and then some.  You can count him doing Bee Gees music (he says they are his favorite band) and he didn't disappoint.  To Love Somebody, Islands In The Stream were a couple.  But mostly America songs, we attempted to do To Each His Own but perhaps next time we'll do that.  We ended things with Sandman, a song I have done one time before and we both smiled that we both knew the breaks.   We almost lost him from a serious illness from October thereabouts.   But he's still feisty as ever but I enjoy sitting in with him on drums.  We get the ole boy to rock out when we can.

Of note, was two Christmas songs played including a take on Drummer Boy, People seemed to enjoy that.  Guy wanted to hear wipe out but I told him that's a pay to play song ;)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.