Wednesday 29 May 2013

Thoughts From The Townedger May

What a month.  I haven't done much in terms of adding stuff to the Townedger's site. We had way too many flooding rainy days to the point it stressed me out and couldn't think straight. I hate this weather, even more so than snows and ice of the wintertime.  At least they don't seep into the basement like a six inch rainfall and lot of areas around here have gotten hit with way too much rain and the Cedar is out of its banks, just like it was five years ago on that infamous 2008 flood.  I hate this type of history repeating.  But at least the no rain prayer has held up the past five days.  God willing.

I doubt if the Townedgers will do much touring behind No Exit.  Reviews have been lukewarm and sales nil.  Maier Records announced that Curio will be the third and final single off that album, the previous two failed to chart.

Thanks to Miss Mouse and Diggy Kat for playing the new album and some of the songs.  I love them both.

Next month will be the 20th anniversary of Modern Problems In Reflected Living.  I promise I'll write something about that album next month.

I don't expect the Smith/Orbit/Miller/Redding lineup to play at any time.  Too many issues and the guys really don't want to deal with Jack although I continue to write songs with him.

Some of the TE back catalog will fall by the wayside.  The 1989 albums have been a problem of trying to get the sound right and only thing I can do is re record the drum parts over again but that would ruin the original intent.

Still no intention of playing The End live.

Brian Mullahan could be a pain in the ass when he was producing but unlike other bands he knew when not to push, but sometimes the mistakes he left in the recording didn't help either. I cringe when I hear myself singing the wrong words in certain songs. 

I could do another best of, or 3 decades of Townedger Rock And Roll.  We'll see.

Walk A Thin Line, from Travelogue is the best version.  The Soul Biscuits version tries but when I hear the 1988 remix version, it's garage punk heaven.  That'll be on the best of.

Every Hour On The Hour, the 1986 Wendy Oaks farewell gig?  Don't look for it on CD.  It served its purpose back in 1986.

God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.