Friday 23 October 2015

RIP Kyle Oyloe

The time on this earth is so precious and so short.



Since coming out of retirement to play in jam sessions in town I was lucky enough to share the stage with Kyle Oyloe, a unique guitar player with a heart of gold and was nice enough to talk tunes with me in the short couple months we played on stage at Rumors and Wrigleyville.  And the sad fact is that he was only 46, when his life was cut short so quickly and so unexpected.

He has played in many bands, most recently Julie And The Mad Dogs who was supposed to play next weekend in Anamosa.    There was a tribute tonight at the reopened and brand new Chrome Horse Saloon and this week's Rumor's Jam Session will be a jam held in his honor.  To which I will participate along with many of his friends and fellow musicians.

Although I didn't know him very well, I do wish I would have known him sooner than I did.  Here's to a good man.

Thanks for the jams Kyle.



PS 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP20Mpb84sY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.