Wednesday 16 December 2015

Album Archives:Christmas With The Townedgers

Since it's that time of year again, I thought I bring up the notion that after we got done with A Long Time Forgotten, I spent a weekend putting together a Christmas album.  Sessions started on December 15th and ended on the 23rd and quickly mixed together quickly to give to my fans.   It turned out the be the biggest selling album in history.  A whopping 15 copies.

It's the last album that Jack Orbit produced and long time associate Ken Miller recorded but Martin Daniels worked behind the scenes to get the drums out in front.   For the cover art, Serena Gorss, aka Sis, a lovely woman that I chatted in the classic rock chats was nice enough to donate her latest picture of her Christmas window, every year she has a different theme on her pictures, but with the mood setting, I thought it would make a nice cover for a Christmas album.  To which I didn't have any songs planned but Jack Orbit pushed me onto doing the project and so I quickly thought up a couple Christmas originals and then added the usual songs of the holidays that everybody does.  Scrooge was given to Mark McClelland, a gift so to speak as he was leaving the band.

Not much to speak about the songs, I did Santa Claus Is Coming To Town as kinda slow grim blues number done in the key of E.  The only song that means much is One Of Everything You Got, which is about my waiting the last minute to get Christmas gifts.  Another one would be Christmas Time Next Year which is a song that the only thing I want for Christmas is to make it another year, and be with family.

The bonus cuts are as throwaway as it gets but tacked on to make the whole album make it a half hour.  The Elvis Mix of Merry Christmas Baby is kinda fun in its weird way.




The Songs:

Christmas Time Is Coming (Smith/Orbit)  2:03
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (H.Gillespie/J.F.Coots) 2:11
One Of Everything You Got (Smith/Orbit)  2:01
Christmas For Cowboys (S. Reisburg)  2:58
I'll Be Home For Christmas (Kent/Gannon/Ram)  1:28
Little Drummer Boy (Trad. Arr By R.Smith)  3:08

Christmas Without You (Smith/Orbit)  1:38
Nothing For Christmas (S.Tepper/R.Bennett)  2:23
Scrooge (M.Mclelland) 1:35
White Christmas (I.Berlin)  2:30
Christmas Time Next Year (R.Smith)  1:38
Merry Christmas Baby (Baxter/Moore)  2:13

Bonus CD Tracks:
Jingle Bells (featuring R.S.Crabb)  2:24
Merry Christmas Baby (Elvis Mix)  2:20

Produced By Jack Orbit
Recorded By Ken Miller/Martin Daniels

Recorded at Lake Wandu Studios Springville Dec 15-23, 2005
Photo credit: Serena Gorss, Ian Hattan (back covers)

Released as Radio Maierburg RMR-25304 Christmas With The Townedgers  Nov. 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.