Saturday 2 January 2016

Fitting Finales-May Not Be A Next Time

May Not Be A Next Time
(Smith)

On the way to yesterday  I passed today
In my mind it seemed so fine
Of the time that I call you, I called you mine
To lay the claim, forget the pain
Of this life that I lead
To believe that I can make this right

But you're not here and I'm not there
And what we got is all  we have
You may not love me but the sun still shines
As for us, there may not be, may not be a next time


Bang a song on my guitar, drive a car and see how far
We can go before we crash
If this makes no sense to think that this pays
And that you really  care for me
No longer it seems to me

But you're not here and I'm not there
And what we got is all we have
You may not love me but the sun still shines
As for us, there'll never be, never be a next time

(C) 2015 R.Smith


The heartbreaks of long lost love, this song came to me while thinking that the one I knew in high school that chased me all over the place turned out to be a tease.  But then again high school infatuation is a illusion.   And I reminded of that when I think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.