Sunday 25 November 2018

Stone City Acoustic Showcase 11/25/18

Songs played

The Race Is On
Fox On The Run
If You See Her
Sundown
Good Time Charlie


Aaron Caryl-Fiddle



(Glen Gardner: Photo Credit.  Aaron and me)

Notes:   We were under a winter storm warning and Iowa City ended up getting 7 inches of the white stuff, but up here it bypassed us.  I could see the snowstorm on the way over to Stone City General Store but it never did ventured up north.  We had a dry atmosphere that kept it down there.  Amazing what 10 miles will do in this type of weather.

While last week was a study in everything gone wrong, this time out things were much different.  I had a new set of strings and while my memory was fuzzy on some of the songs, I had ample help from Aaron who played some cool fiddle leads to the songs.  I simply bypassed the bridge to If You See Her and simply let him fiddle it out.

Terry McCauley is one of the best folk singers around and he was there.  He did congratulated and complimented on the songs that I played.  He marveled how I banged the songs out on guitar.  Told him it came naturally since I'm a drummer.

Despite the uncertainly of the weather we did had a pretty good crowd at the General Store.  The warm response to the songs has been a shot in the arm and has helped getting my confidence back.  Plus the jammers there do help.

I passed on playing Rumors this afternoon, due to the weather and me wanting to stay close to home. But I am sure I was missed.  But I also knew they had a few drummers up there keeping the beat.  I shall return soon.

When I don't know yet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.