Thursday 3 February 2022

WJ-Mop Up

Avenues
Love's Made A Fool Out Of You
Dark End Of The Street
What's So Funny About Peace Love And Understanding

Patrick Ticklenburg-backing vocal on last song

Support:

Bill Schlettler
Pat Ticklenburg
Brett Johnson
Rick Wengle
Dave Bonham
Julie Gordon




Another successful event with the Acoustic open mic at Whisky Jo's, to which I finished the whole thing in front of these six people who stayed around and the Whisky Jo's waitress.  It used to be that I enjoyed being the last act but nowadays it seems to be a mop up role and most leave except the host and the couple of faithful musicians who hang around.  Stu Pershing had to wake up at 3 just to get to work at 4 so he had to leave.  Getting the word out meant that the Kirkwood students have been able to play this.

For myself, with hardly anybody around, I pulled out some songs I haven't done recently and worked on them.  Peace Love and Understand got extended a bit since Patrick joined up on stage.  I did a Buddy Holly tribute song as well.  

Like last week, I didn't start playing till after 10.  It was a short batch of songs but I pulled the plug after Peace Love Etc.   By then everybody wanted to go home.

Since Kimberley sang on Wednesday, she took the night off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.