Saturday 15 June 2013

High School Sweetheart

High School Sweetheart (Smith) 4:25

Doesn't anyone remember Janice?
I used to think a lot about her
We had dreams and ambitions
But we never got it together

Sometimes I think she was forced upon me
She always popped up where ever I went
No I never should have given her a second thought
Cuz if I did she would break my heart

Teenage dreams forgotten it seems
You and I  never meant to be
Your love's  like a romantic novel
Never real but it's worth a look

She must have stayed up many a night
Thinking of ways of winning me over
I must admit that I had my chances
But I suppose I should give it a rest

For now she's only a ghost
In my story of life, she played a role
And I can't go back digging up the past
For what we know our love wouldn't last

Teenage dreams forgotten it seems
And the rain falls on our parade
All dressed up and no place to go
I think we both stood each other up

Doesn't anyone remember Janice?
Not  anymore

(C) 1994  Townedger Music Emporium

From Weather On The Nines MRK-24924


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.