Saturday 15 June 2013

Running In The Rain

Running In The Rain (Smith) 4:20

Heard about your wedding I've seen it in the paper
They said it was a success just what you wanted
I don't mean to intrude when I ask you this question
You sure have gone out your way to find the next one

But listen to me
For some sympathy
And what I say
That it should have been me

I'm just running in the rain
Cuz it keeps me sane
Trying to get over you
Just to ease the pain

My only wish was to see you again
I suppose there was a time but now there isn't
I guess the songs that I wrote you don't even mean much
But doesn't the thought even count?

But the movie's over
As you slip away
Too late the hero
There goes the train

I'm just running in the rain
Cause it keeps me sane
Trying to get over you
Just to ease the pain

Well I don't plan to see you again
Cause Dallas Texas is too far out of the way
And Arizona Nights you say are too hot
And come tomorrow another day

And one man's poison
Is another's drug
And one man's treasure
Look what the cat drug in..

I'm just running in the rain, don't mind me

C 1986 Wapsipinicon Dreamer Music

Songwriter's  note: The Arizona Nights line was replaced with:
And Cedar Rapids you say is plainly  too cold

I also been toying to resuffle that line with  And this town has nothing left for you.
But upon looking at that line it kinda leaves the listener hanging on so basically I'll leave the CR line there for future concerts and recordings.

Originally off Wapsipinicon Dreaming (MRK-24186) 1986
New drum track recorded for the greatest hits Stories From The Road MR-24999 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.