Monday 23 January 2017

Various Jams 1/22/17

With  (At Rumors)

Kevin Sinmacher-guitar
Bart Carfizzi-Keyboards and vocals
Robert Wallace-Vocals (Never Been Any Reason)
Mike Lint-Vocals (Ain't No Sunshine)
Terry McDowell-Ringleader
Kenny Webb-Bass
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica

With the songs: Never Been Any Reason and Ain't No Sunshine
https://youtu.be/qlomiX2GHxY


At Checker's Tavern  Julie Jules Gordon Benefit With The Acousta Kitties.
Featuring:

Dan Hartman-Lead Guitar and Vocals (I Saw Her Standing There, I'm Ready)
Rick Gallo-vocals and bass
Steve Black Wolf-Guitar and Vocals (Knocking On Heaven's Door)
Belinda Christensen-James-Vocals (Blue Bayou, Fever, Oklahoma Cowboys, It's Been A While)
Mark Randolph-Guitar (on the songs that Belinda sang)
Jeorgia Robison-Bass (on the songs that Belinda sang)
Kathy Hartman Spina and Lorie Parker-Vocals (Fishin In The Dark, Little Liar)
Buddy Archbrenner-Guitar on various songs
John A Shaw-Guitar and vocals (Story In Your Eyes, A Vance Gill song, couple others)
Rich Toomsen-Bass (various songs)
Jay Dean-Bass Guitar
Joel  McDowell-Bass (Story In Your Eyes a couple others) 
The woman that plays tambourine-Donna Jo Fairley Elsner
Barb Myers-did drawings.

Needless to say the Julie Gordon Benefit went fairly well.  Plenty of people showed up, and plenty of people played.  I managed to hog all the jammers segment by playing drums (Delayne from Wooden Nickel Lottery, spelled me for a couple songs, they played earlier) but the only other drummer up there was from Blue Scratch and I don't he was that interested to play. So I managed to pound on his drumset (sorry about couple of dents on the drum heads, I'll owe you new heads next time we meet).

I'm not sure of all the songs that I played on stage, but I did four songs with Dan Hartman before he moved on to Cooters for the acoustic jam there and four songs with John Shaw who was in town, first time I jammed with him since Wrigleyville and I followed him on Story In Your Eyes. It was also a first time that I jammed with Joel McDowell, who's better known for playing in the Meekats.  John Shaw tends to play more country songs than I'm used to, and he dusted off a Vince Gill song I had no idea how it went so basically went for a straight four four and kept things going on Story In Your Eyes.

While Blue Scratch was playing on stage, I managed to head over to Rumors to be part of the Popcorn Jam although I did get there very late and didn't think I was going to do any songs, but they managed to do Never Been Any Reason and Ain't No Sunshine.  Could have done Burning For You but that was nixed at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.