Wednesday 1 March 2017

Checker's Acousta Jam 3/1/17 From What I Remembered

Song list:

My Babe
Cant Just A Book By Its Cover
Sundown
For What's It Worth
U Can't Touch This
If I Were A Carpenter


With:
Cathy Hart
Julie Gordon
Lorie Parker
Steve Black Wolf
Donna Jo Fairley Elsner
Jay DeVore
Mike Frederick

I really don't recall much of tonight's jam or the song list.  The version of Sundown was sloppy and I was playing the wrong chords but Lorie and Julie did a fine job singing background.  Nice to see Tim Canfield stop by and applaud on Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover.   I went to the Chiropractor this afternoon and took a couple of muscle relaxers in the process.  Basically I was somewhat stoned during the whole thing, it didn't help that I went on a empty stomach.  I later stopped at Perkins for pancakes to see if that helped.  It really didn't.

For the most part I did took the night off from work although I didn't plan to do the acousta jam tonight.  I did give Steve Black Wolf the number of the packaging boss for future excuses to come to the jam.  U Can't Touch Dis was a kinda of a gag.  It's funny to watch Lorie try to do the hammer dance.   But I doubt if I'll do that song again.  Just a bit of nonsense to pass the time.

For the first time since he started chemo Steve did about 4 songs and did them quite well.  I can count on him doing Knockin On Heaven's Door.  Abigail continues to sing songs better as a 10 year old then most drunk chicks at karaoke bars.  And Julie helped me out by doing some percussion work and Lorie Parker playing congas too.   Basically, the crowd was smaller than last week's although Mike Fredericks showed up.  John didn't play congas and Skip Richards went home early during my set. I have heard disgruntled folks talking not too highly of the Stone City Sunday Jams, the host being a asshole.  Think I will take a pass at that till a later time.  But I'm still taking time off from the Rumors Sunday Jam till the fall maybe.  If ever. But I'm sure I'll be back up there sooner than I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.