Thursday 9 April 2020

TE Recording Session 4

One song in the can.  A version of Willis Alan Ramsey's Satin Sheets but using lyrics from him and the other ones from the Bellamy Brothers who covered this song.  There were some attempts do other songs, couldn't find the the lyrics to Gold Dust Woman so I just ab libbed. You And Me, had lyrics and I attempted to make sense of it all, but got bored with it.

This is where I begin to add songs and then abort things if it doesn't come together.  I do not want to write any more angry love songs.  However, I lost the feel of writing anything other than angry love songs.   I don't want this album to be a covers album, but at the same thing I want to write new songs that will mean something.  That has not happened at all.

Satin Sheets took about five takes and the overdubs twice that many.   While I did printed to lyrics to Gold Dust Woman, I couldn't find them.  It's still better off having somebody else sing it, but if Waylon Jennings can sing it, why not me?    I don't think I have my heart into this new project, especially if I am redoing the same angry love songs with different lyrics. 

With everything shut down,  I cannot jam with others and work on songs in a live setting.  Whatever we had going for us has been taken away and I'm sure if I'll ever find that groove again.  With the fifth anniversary of my come back, all has been put on hold.  The springtime live dates are gone and chances are May might go by the way side.  Will things return back to normal again, I don't know. 

I'll continue to record songs and perhaps we'll find out if I will have enough good songs to make a listenable album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.