Monday 12 October 2020

Pub 1848-Thank You Moline and See You In 2021

 Songs played

Light My Fire
I'm A Man/Rock Me Baby
Jet Airliner
Cinnamon Girl




Notes:

The end of the five year celebration comeback ended with a return to Moline to play a few songs and hang with Sean Ryan and friends down there.  Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with Natty Dreadlocks this time out.  This also concludes my monthly get together at Pub 1848 in Moline till next springtime.  This was held indoors.  I don't think Dave or Julie would have been happy to sing in front of folk not wearing masks.

The songs got a good reaction especially the last two.  The blues medley kinda left them bored.  

The blues song got a better reception at Blues Jams, not so much at rock open mics.  Sean Ryan is a great person, who  I have known from his being part of The Dawn.    I'm not a big regular on the Quad City Music scene but Sean and most of the musicians made it feel like home to me.

Michael Morcada was there.  He was part of Whiskey High back in CR.  While singing my songs, I kinda glanced at his stolic looks but I didn't play much attention to it.  Mike Flack, the aces n eights owner would like to have a few words with him since he canceled a couple dates there back in 2017 before relocating to Davenport.  I'm the outsider, and just sat back and watched before I had to return back home.  This was my fourth appearance in Moline and I plan to return soon.  Once they have it back outdoors, indoors is a bit cramped. 

I could have played drums if asked, but they know me better as a guitar player.   I'm surprised nobody helped me out on drums.  I could have used the company to experiment on the songs.  But then again the way I play guitar, they figured they didn't need drums since my guitar playing was drumming on guitar.  Makes sense?  Not exactly.

Earlier the day I found a bunch of CDs and LPs at Goodwill.  Somebody dumped a bunch of classic rock albums from the likes of American Blues, Slade, Paris, Refugee, Piper, Scorpions, Sensational Alex Harvey Band and Woody's Truck Stop.  Plus Cds from Hank Mobley, Travelers 3, Flat Cat, Faces, Billy Cobham, BR549 and a few others.  The forth straight month of finding a bunch of music I didn't think I would.   Keeps me out of trouble.  I think.

The Artisan Open Mic will have to do without me next couple of weeks.  Julie and Dave will take over for me and then play Friday at Ramsey's at 6 30.  If I didn't have to work, I could have played percussion with them.  The intention is to finally get around playing more with Julie on guitar but I still think playing drums behind her is the way to go.     I need to really spent more time with her and not so much on the bargain hunts that have ruined my past relationships.  It's hard to break away from something that you have been doing all your life; finding music.    She's my last GF.  If I fail her, I'm not dating anybody in this life.

I got off subject it seems but thanks to all that I shared the stage and songs with.  I do wished I could have gotten over my stage fright years ago.

About 35 years ago.  Maybe then, people would know me by now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.