Sunday 6 December 2020

Blues Rox At Checkers-Practice Live




36 years ago, Paraphernalia/Tyrus played the Ok Lounge.  And for the first time in over five years Russ Swearingen was onstage with me.  Along with Brian and Kris Bries, which we haven't played since the Blues Jam in September.

I wasn't in the best of moods when I got there and found that nobody had arrived.  And then for most of the set I had to deal with a fucking moving kick drum.  And then had to deal with the usual playing too loud complaints and continuing to alter my drums so I can feel comfortable playing them.

I think Russ did very well considering that he didn't know the set list and we were basically trying to get the feel of things.  The Tinnitus issue is also bothering me.

We did quite well on Ready For Love and Russ helped on Rocky Mountain Way.  The free form Free Bird got complaints of being too loud once again.

It was a very small and supportive football crowd.   We did play better than the J A Tap gig but for a band that hasn't seen each other in two and half months  we did well.

Thanks PJ and Pam for putting up with the noise.  

Nevertheless, the criticisms continue.  I play too loud, too fast or too loud and fast.  I cannot win for the life of me.  I cannot change the way that I play, either adapt with me or find somebody more suited to the slow and soft safe sounds then.  We both will win out in the long run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.