Thursday 21 January 2021

Artisan Sanctuary With Phil Koening

Songs.

Fox On The Run
At The Crossroads
One More Time
Keep On Walking (Blues for Samantha Fish)
Cannery Row
Good Time Charlie Got The Blues
Solitary Man
Dear Lisa
The Last Time
Logic And Lies
Won't Get Fooled Again
Baby What You Want Me To Do
Please Send Me Someone To Love 
Blind Eye
Lay Down Sally
No Expectations
Honky Tonk Woman
Cinnamon Girl




With:
Phil Koening (10-18)
Phil played lead guitar

Jim Jacobmeyer, Freddy Jones, Jeffrey Brown and Diana Conwell-Koening showed up.

Notes:

I did three songs from the No Exit/Thirty album and brushed up on some of the favorites and song  I don't need a cheat sheet to play.  Only Phil Bo was the only other performer.  Freddy Jones did add some harmonica on Phil's set.  Phil joined me at the beginning of Logic and Lies.  For a first time run through he did well.

The spike in COVID cases kept the participants down to a minimal.  Had I not shown up, it would have been Phil's show.  

I've sat down to play again.  I prefer standing but since we didn't have anybody there, I could just sit and thumb through the book and pick songs to play.  Usually for the jam part, Phil Bo takes over but Freddy had other plans so we shared the stage.  We were done by 9 15.  

Jeffery requested Won't Get Fooled Again, so me and Phil played it for him.  I think we did very well, including that infectious scream at the end of the song.  

Last time I played Lay Down Sally, Cyndi Mahoney was in the audience.  She has disappeared since our falling out.  Not that it matters much. 

With Stone City starting up the open mic there in two weeks, it might help me get my collective groove back, tho the social distancing and wearing a mask will still be in play.  I'm not too keen to start up, if we are all enclosed in the same place.  I haven't signed off about playing at Rumors once that gets going.  I may wait till I get the COVID vaccine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.