Sunday 2 May 2021

Rumors-Greg Nost Returns

Songs played

Cadillac Ranch
Good Lovin'
Long Time Gone
Midnight Rambler

Billy Bourbon-lead vocal on the first two songs and guitar
Tommy Bruner-Lead vocal on the last two songs and slide and lead guitar
Morris-Guitar
Tim Canfield-Bass
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica
Terry McDowell- Host of the jam for five years running
Me, I just sat in drums on these songs.



(Skeets Lewis, George Madilon, Al Hendricks, Greg Nost and friend)

Small crowd of jammers and I would have played more, but Rick Wiengal showed up to played drums, which enabled me to spend time with Julie and help move dirt around her yard.  Her place, with all the seeds and trees looks like Culver Garden's West.   Dave Bonham and Ronnie Boles also figured into the playing and singing.   It was the first time that Greg Nost returned to the jam since March of last year. He was missed.  Tom Berdo and Berdie came later on.  When I was leaving, Tom and Greg were sharing a blunt.  I don't toke but since I had to deal with the bullshit at work, I thought about trying it for the first time.

I haven't done Long Time Gone, nor Cadillac Ranch but both were extended and of course a nice romp through Midnight Rambler.  To which Tommy and I discussed about the best Big Country album ever made, The Buffalo Skinners with Simon Phillips playing drums.  Tommy does know good music, after all he's been part of the CR music scene for 50 years himself.  I do wish Terry would get Al to play some guitar again.  He's fun to jam with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.