Thursday 25 April 2013

No Exit Listening Party

Today, Diggy Kat and Miss Mouse from Radio Buzzd' gave the world the No Exit listening party which started around 4:30 my time to which they played every song off the new record.  From Into The Now to The End, all 14 songs got their moment in the sun.

I am very honored that they showed the TE love.

Most of the songs sounded quite good except that One More Time, the vocals didn't come through as well as the version that was on the first mix.  I'm not sure how I'm going to remedy that, unless I just put out the first version as a stand alone single.  The first single is Cannery Row.

Hearing The End on the radio still manages to get me hypnotized through out the 9 and half minutes of that song.  Later in the broadcast they did play a live version of the Doors classic.  It was fun to do in the studio and a challenge as well but it's not high on my play list to do live.

Next month I will return to add lyrics from past albums, with an eye on the 30th anniversary of So Much For That, the album that ended the echophonic years and began the long winding road that is Route 66 then, The Townedgers now.  I may just group the lyrics to that album in halves and make it play out like a LP record, namely side 1/side 2, you get the picture.

Since it's been five years ago, I should do a revisit of Pawnshops For Olivia as well.  Diggy Kat made a observation that the 3 albums that I did in the late 00's were part of a trilogy of sorts.  I've never really looked at it that way.  A Long Time Forgotten was done acoustic and very quickly since the last couple efforts got shelved  The Highway Home was trying for something that we did with success on Drive In Blues or Diamonds In The Skies.  Pawnshops For Olivia is more stand alone I think, the only similarity would be that it's mostly acoustic like Long Time Forgotten but it's a dark and sad album, on the second side and certainly on the songs So Alone or Somewhere Down The Line.  Beyond The Sun, our version of Love Will Tear Us Apart or the final goodbye.

No Exit was different than the albums of the late 00s, since the songs were thought up on the spot along with the melodies, something that I used to do a lot back in the early 80s.  To revisit Stone City and actually make it a song rather than an afterthought that appeared on a thrown together outtakes album, that version was fun but it was there to fill out tape space, this version is more harder rocking.   It's too early to talk about a new album, but the logical guess would be the next would be more of a return back to acoustic sounds of Pawnshops or Long Time Forgotten.

As always there's always in the back of our minds that any album I do might be the last one, life is like that, you never know when the last album will be the last album until they bury you.  But I'm sure I'll return back to the studio for a batch of new songs or remakes or whatever sounds good and we'll go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.