Thursday 3 April 2014

Home

A forthcoming train coming down the track
Moving due west and not looking back
As I sit back and watched the sights
A passenger, dreaming away far from home

In my youth I went out for baseball
Had ambitions to make it to the hall
But in the end I couldn't hit the ball
Bases loaded, swinging away, struck out at home

Playing guitar in a empty bar
Realizing that I didn't get too far
But in my mind I am a star
Singing songs that nobody knows, thinking of home

Yes I know I got no expectations
I'm dealing with life's frustrations
The more I try, the more I fail
It's getting old
Leave me alone
Take me home


I'm getting old
Leave me alone
I'm going home

(C) 2014 Townedger Music Emporium


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.