Thursday 14 May 2015

I Don't Fall In Love



From Pawnshops For Olivia (2008) but the lyrics originated from 1988.  As you can tell the song got revised in the final version.  Even back then, I was tired of the run around from girls that I liked.  I guess it pretty much sums up how I feel about love anymore.


I Don't Fall In Love

Well she said she was leaving, I guess she's gone for good
Her lies and deceiving it ended like I knew it would
So now I see you standing in the room
And since you ask me I'll be happy to tell you that..

(chorus)
I don't fall in love, since she went out the door
I don't fall in love, you don't get enough and stay around too long

You'd think we have a lot in common
You don't care about the other guys
You're so young and pretty and so sweet and nice
Now if I was thinking you know I wouldn't think twice
But there's a wall around me and you know it
And I know that's as far as I'll can go

I don't fall in love, falling in love is wrong  
I don't fall in love, you don't get enough, stay around too long

Long ago and far away, way before your time
I was so young and foolish and I thought otherwise
I had one or two girls who changed my line of thinking
You rarely get true love and wind up hating their own being

I don't fall in love, falling in love is wrong
I don't fall in love, you don't get enough, stay around too long

There's a spider on the wall, smash it before it falls
With a picture of an old flame, she don't care anyway
What's that you say?
Would you really want it this way?
All I can tell you is it's your heart and baby, you're just throwing it away

Cuz I don't fall in love, falling in love is wrong
I don't fall in love, you don't get enough, stay around too long (X3)

I don't fall in love.

C 2008 R. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.