Monday 18 May 2015

Wolfie






One of the best songs of 2014 came from Forthcoming Trains and this song which got plenty of airplay on Lucky Star Radio.  Most of the time I do more acoustic songs rather than rock out. It's easier to do acoustic rather than plug in and hope everything works out.  Originally titled Like What You See, Wolfie is a pick up song as you can tell.  Does it work for me?  Not hardly.


Wolfie

Come on baby take a walk with me
As we're going down to the seedy side
Ain't nothing shakin' but the leaves on the trees
It's just me and you  for a while

I want you to want me (X3)

There's no reason to play hard to get
As you strut your stuff and place your bet
For the winning horse has crossed the finish line
With your money in hand let's go have a good time

I want you to want me (X3)

Come on honey and help me out
I'm living a life of self imposed doubt
Put your arms around me and say it's all right
Darkness before dawn we're gonna see the light

I want you to want me (etc etc)

(C) 2014 R. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.