Sunday 16 October 2016

Popcorn Jam 10/16/16 Guitar Dave''s Return

Lineup:

Mike Lint-Vocal on Ain't No Sunshine
Dave Bonham-Guitar on Aint No Sunshine, The Things That You Do
Steve Black Wolf-Bass
Jeff Craft-Keyboards
Tommy Bruner-Guitar on Two Pina Colidas and Stormy Monday
Al-Harmonica 
The Mop Up Artist-Drums

Songs:
Ain't No Sunshine
The Way You Do The Things For Me
Two Pina Coladas
Stormy Monday Blues


Terry McDowell-The dude that holds it all together

I guess Dave didn't hang around Davenport too long.  He told me he now lives in Marengo.

As jams go, this was the more pieced in with Terry working with Steve Black Wolf on bass, who doesn't play bass very often.  I can't think of the song that Dave did, it was blues song that's all I know but my brain short circuited on me, so I don't know.  Jeff then thought up on The Things That You Do, then on to Two Pina Coliadas   by Garth Brooks (yuck) and then ending with Stormy Monday Blues which Al sang and played harmonica.   For an October day, it was so damn warm inside the bar it felt like a sauna.  I basically did a more jazzier take on Ain't No Sunshine and faked it through the rest of the set.  I didn't even know Two Pina Coladas for that matter.  Probably be a while before I do that song again.

Photo: Brenda Snow (L to R: Jeff Craft, Steve Black Wolf, Terry McDowell, Tommy Bruner-Lurking in the background R. Smith)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.