Sunday 4 April 2021

Easter at Rumors 2021

Songs:

The Weight
Have You Ever Seen The Rain/
409/
Barbara Ann
Use Me
People Get Ready
Mustang Sally
Bring It On Home

Billy Bourbon-Bass and Vocal on The Weight and Bring It On Home
Russ Glackin-Vocal on Mustang Sally
Roger Adams -Sang on the CCR and Beach Boys number.
Tommy Bruner-Lead Guitar and vocals
Skeeter Louis Hughes-Lead Vocals on Use Me and People Get Ready
Nick Lniceka-Harmonica
Morris-Guitar on all songs. 
Terry McDowell-Host
The Easter Crabb-Drums


(Deb Adams: Photo)

I'm not sure who the vocalist was on the CCR and Beach Boys number (Roger Adams)  so we'll wait till Terry puts out the roll call on how did what.  Sir Bob Miller, DJ Hovenstot and Tim Kaufman were the other drummers. Bob Gleason and Freddy Jones were in attendance. 

Al keeps bullshitting me about all of his guitars that he has at his house.  He also threaten to play Tossin n Turning the next time he hits the stage LOLOL.

With Dan Johnson out in California working on some projects it was down to a trio of Billy, Tommy and Terry, Nick filled in on Harmonica

I really didn't think that I was going to play  but Terry got me on stage at around 6 15 and I got to play with a few guest vocals, one of which played a back to back Beach Boys number to throw everybody off.  Skeeter Louis sang his two best known numbers (Use Me, Damn that James Gadsen for all them high hat accents)  and People Get Ready, the Curtis Mayfield/Chambers Brothers song.  I love the way he sings that song.  And then of course, Russ and his GD Mustang Sally, (thank God I was spared of the Bad Company numbers, Terry took care of those earlier in the afternoon).  Anyway, I had to think of an excuse to tell Mom of being late, working OT works since we are busy at work.   Alas, having Easter with the folks brings cat allergies and Bud gave me a dose of that tonight.  But I still love him, just I take two allergy relief meds and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.