Sunday 25 April 2021

Stone City/Rumors 4/25/21

Stone City Songlist

Fox On The Run
Rainbow In The Dark
Greenback Dollar
It's My Time 
Satin Sheets
Logic And Lies
Lynchin' Party 
Cheating Songs
Jet Airliner
Baby What You Want Me To Do/
Let's Work Together/
Cinnamon Girl
Ring Of Fire


Rumors song list;

When Will I'll Be Loved
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Johnny B Goode
You Never Call Me By My Name
Further Up The Road
Call Me The Breeze
All Summer Long/Sweet Home Alabama/Warewolves Of London Medley 
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Fast As You
Long Hair Country Boy
Before You Accuse Me
Women I Never Had

With
Morris-Guitar
Tara Primasing-Vocals (When Will I Be Loved, Hit Me)
Billy Bourbon-Guitar and vocals
Jamie Allen Vance-Guitar and vocals
Kat Blue-Vocals (Further Up the Road, Call Me The Breeze)
Tim Canfield-Bass
Terry McDowell-Drums and main host
Tommy Bruner-Sat this one out
Fab Five Freddy Jones-Harmonica
R. Smith-featured drummer on these songs.

Kat Blue is Kimberly Trevellion Sphr and from this moment on will be known as Kat Blue.

Stone City Crowd Included: Bill Lasker,  Barb Francisco, Greg Francisco and Carl Meiners, Karl Hudson, Bill Schlatter, Mike Fredericks, Dave Bonham with Rocky Smith and Tiffany Malanaphy in attendance 




Rumors had a big crowd as well.  Lorie Parker and Donna Jo was there, Steve Black Wolf was there as well as Richard Edward Butler and Sir Bob Miller.   And Al Hendricks, George Madilon, Skeeter Lewis and Brenda Snow, who true to form, sneaked out during my appearance.  I think Joe Hutchcroft is better off anyway.

No Tim Kauffman to speak of and Herm Sarduy was already done and Bob Miller was backing up Lorie and Donna Jo and Kat Blue on their song set.  Terry managed to let me finish the jam with a hour  ten minute set of songs. I remember at least 11 songs of note, with Tara singing the obvious two female lead offs.  I think Jaime plays in a country band judging by the three country songs he sang.   Somehow, I managed to get people dancing on the songs that I played.  George Madion always says I got the beat to make him dance.  It's a good feeling when I find the right swing of beat to get them dancing, which means the bartenders are happy since dancing makes people dancing.

Working 10 hour days the past two weeks has made me pretty tired over the weekend.  Still I managed to hit both open mics and jams.  I was surprised I did 13 songs from Stone City; Karl Hudson has been more than generous of granting me a half hour playing songs.  With my place of employment being very busy I have not picked up the guitar and played all that much. At least this time I didn't fuck up Fox On The Run but I did use the cheat sheet for Rainbow In The Dark.  I think the performance was a little bit rusty as they say and I couldn't remember the words to Jet Airliner, to which went to being overworked at work and not paying attention to the lyrics at the open mic.  Karl granted me an extra song to which I did a blues medley before going into Cinnamon Girl.  Ring Of Fire ended this set list and I don't usually end it with Ring Of Fire but my voice was giving out and I needed a drink.  Afterwards I chatted with my opposite brother Rocky Smith for a while and was surprised to see Tiffany in the audience.  I'm surprised she knew me from my hat n glasses.  Her band played North Liberty and was with friends so had to say hi and chat with her for a minute.  Bill Lester came from Manchester and told me about some Wednesday open mics up in Dubuque, to which I may check out once spring processing comes to an end.

Barb Francisco came down to Stone City and her hubby Greg played a couple of Bag Pipes number, which were quite loud.   I left when Dave and Mikey started to play and made my way to Rumors.

For being tired and worn out from the 10 hour days, it was fun to play a lot of songs this time out. You have to put up with the adversaries' hanging around.  Whatever the case, a lot of folk are beginning to come out of their houses and home to have fun with.  We'll see if this will continue.  

And if you read this far, Eugene Levy won the battle of the bands over the weekend.  No relation to the famed SCTV actor. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.