Sunday 22 October 2017

Rumor's Jam-Kyle Oyloe Two Years Gone

It's a dark and dreary day.  I'm not sure if it was this way two years ago when Kyle died suddenly and left us behind.   In the time that passed, the acoustic side of me got going, and I'm starting to play more guitar rather than drums.

It's also been the first time in two weeks that I have played at a jam.  The big Rubies Benefit part two had to be canceled due to me getting the flu and I stayed home.  It also made me missed the Whittier Acoustic Showcase too.   The problem of getting the flu is that it has made me not pick up the guitar and playing anything. I just kinda fell out of favor of doing songs of the moment.  We're busy at work so getting the night off will not be easy. The guess is that the next time anybody will see me will be at Artisan Sanctuary.


Rumor's Jam 10/22/17

With:
Julie Gordon-Host Singer
Terry McDowell-Host Drummer
Mike Lint-Vocals-Neon Moon
Mike Clair-Guitar and Vocals on Working Man Blues
Buddy Aschbremmer-Lead Guitar
Kenny Webb-Bass on Neon Moon and Working Man Blues
Steve DeForest-Bass and vocals on She Loves My Automobile

Songs;

Neon Moon
Working Man Blues
She Loves My Automobile.

Kyle's memory still lives on as a capacity crowd of jammers came into play.  I missed out on a chance to jam with Stu Fondle on Hawkwind's Silver Machine (I was talking to Julie's friend from Hawaii when my name came up and I didn't hear it in time).  Terry was gracious enough to find me a spot to play for three songs towards the end of the jam, I got to jam with Steve DeForest, who was in Hostage.  It was a abbreviated version of Automobile.

But dammit, I could have played on Silver Machine.  However, Julie was singing along to the lyrics while chatting with her friends nearby.

Notes:  Ron LaFleur Band did play a five song set with Trevor Worcel on drums.  Brook Hoover later did a song in tribute to Kyle, called Kyle and had the Meekat's drummer backing him up.  Brook then gave away a bunch of old Meekats CDs to some lucky patrons.  Mike Lint won the Just Jules Karaoke Contest Saturday Night and I backed him up on the Brooks n Dunn song Neon Moon.  Only Kevin Michael from the Mad Dogs was missing in action today. Mike Serbousek was there.  While Ron wasn't not well liked for his comments about the Rubies Benefit, he did get along with the musicians there and was cordial throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.