Sunday 8 October 2017

Rumors Jam-Tighten Up Y'all

Wess Side Jam at Rumors 10/8/17


With;

Tommy Bruner-Guitar and vocals (Outskirts, Beast)
Ryan Phelan-Guitar and vocals on Tighten Up
Jeremiah Murphy-Bass
Terry McDowell-Host Drummer


Songs:

Outskirts Of Town
Beast Of Burden
Tighten Up.

This was special for me getting to jam with Ryan and Jeremiah on one of the songs that they do as Dr Z's Experiment, a version of Tighten Up.  Ryan also does this song with Daddy O and at the Parlor City jam.  I really wish I can really jam out better with these guys, I tend to be too much garage rock to fully fit in with them.   Tommy sang on the Louis Jordan classic and of course the usual Rolling Stones number.  Always fun to jam with Tommy if and when I can.

As for the Stone City Jam, I didn't make it to that one but my brother informed me that when they were go up there to check the acoustic jam there, they couldn't find a parking spot. Oh well, maybe next time.


UPDATE: Ten Days Later.10/18/17

I ended up catching the flu/cold crap on Thursday so I couldn't take part of the Rubies Bar Benefit Part Two and the Whittier Acoustic Showcase Of The Month, which ended the Logic And Lies summer/fall tour at various jams in town.  Really not much I can do about the situation, especially when some co worker gave it to me at work two days before the show and I was too contagious to play.  So I stayed home, overdosed on Benedryl and Nyquil and just sulked.

We're busy at my regular place of employment so I'm not playing anywhere  for the rest of the month.  There's a 2 year tribute to Kyle Oyloe coming up this Sunday at Rumors and I'll do what I can to stop by and share the memories, maybe play drums for the usual two songs.  Geoff and Martin, I told both of them to go do their own thing, I have no Townedgers projects going on at the moment. If anything comes up, I'll be doing the acoustic solo route if and when I get a night off.  The best guess is Thursday Nights at Artisan Sanctuary since things are the most positive there and I can do more original songs.  But since I've been sick the past week, I haven't touch my guitar and am a bit rusty.

For now, I can catch up putting up the lyrics to the songs off Logic And Lies during my idle time.  There's talk of the guys at Artisan Sanctuary to put the album out on with their help, we'll see.  I had a FB friend talk about setting me up with somebody at XL Recordings but that was dismissed with suspicion.  This is a major company with Radiohead, Jack White and Adele as artist, what are they going to do with reclusive eccentric 56 year old garage rocker  from Cowpie Iowa?   It's fun to dream I guess of what could happen. But reality tells me, it's just a dream.

It's been fun to document the happenings of my performances and maybe some day it might be of some worthwhile reading to forthcoming rock and rollers.  Two years onward, it's a blur and thankfully I did write things down to remember them, the good and the bad. And the unbelievable. I hope the good times can continue.

I still remain a drummer by trade, but the singer songwriter guitar player is beginning to take over.

Update: 10/19/17

While my cat Callie has been now gone for three months, Steve Black Wolf found his missing cat, a month and a day later after Pete bolted out the door and lived a vagrant life among the wildlife. Sometimes miracles do happen.  Great to hear of the reunited cat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.