Saturday 14 December 2019

Whittier 12/14/19

Songlist:

Fox On The Run
Sundown
Fever
Good Time Charlie
Stop Draggin My Heart Around
Cinnamon Girl

Jess Toomsen joined us.

Not a very long acoustic showcase, we were done by 9 30, which enabled me to catch the last part of Everlou2 with Julie making her debut with that band.

Fever and Stop Draggin My Heart Around had no female counterpoint.  But I figured to do something different.  Fever hasn't been attempted solo in over two years, Belinda usually sings it.   Julie and I have done the latter song but it's been a while.

It was a chilly night but the meteor shower was going full tilt despite a almost full moon (appropriately named The COLD moon, 5 above by the way).  I did see about 8 of them on the way to Center Point.  And a couple outside before my face froze up.

Four Day Creep played The Chrome Horse, despite Troy Mitchell's truck getting stolen.  He did eventually got it found.  A lot of fucking jerks out causing havoc, some fuck destroyed the men's sink and toilet at the Sanity Room in Independence but the owners know who did it.  Professionalism has kept them from naming the fuck that did it.  Too many stupid fucks out there, only takes one.

Sunday-Date with Julie to watch Matlida The Musical.  Despite the hacking and coughing fools and the assholes that wouldn't let me go into the parking spot (all five cars of you), it was an enjoyable musical, tho I couldn't understand what was saying half the time.  Julie was dealing with mucus issues so I took her home and went to Rumors for a spell.  I didn't play drums but they had plenty of people there.  Maybe next week I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.