Saturday 25 January 2020

Artisan Sanctuary Benefit For Julie Gordon Jan 2020

Notes: (Photos by Jim Jacobmeyer)




A load of talent played tonight.  For myself, I played on percussion for The Boy Scout Hippies, Meinfield, Phil Bo King and Belinda James.  Dave Bonham helped Julie on two songs and her friend Sara.


(EGADS Reunion:  Greg Mein, R.Smith, Belinda James, Phil Koening)

When Belinda and me play, it is a EGADS reunion of sorts.  Brenda and Greg from Meinfield helped out on Blue Bayou and I Hear You Knocking, before Greg replaced Brenda on Keyboards on Fever, I played guitar and Phil Bo King played percussion.  It was the only song that I played on guitar with.

Mike Bear Clair did come out with his wife to watch a few numbers then had to leave to play in Kick It in Walford.  Russ Swearingen did come out to watch too along with Debbie.

Relapse played for the first time together in over a year.  They're getting back together to play again.

Spinal Tap moments were my vertigo kicking in and I almost fell off the stage.  Then proceeded to spill my tea three times.  I was not amused.



(Brenda and Greg Mein (Meinfield Band), Belinda James, R.Smith playing Blue Bayou)

Freddy Jones and me split a donation of 50 dollars to Julie's cause.   Mike Frederick and Ron LaFleur contributed some things to sell and whatever he sold, he split fifty/fifty for Julie's cause.  He really is a good guy.

Outside of that, I'm proud to say that those who said they would show up to play or watch did. Steve Black Wolf was suffering from Pneumonia and had to cancel.  Brian and Kris Bries had prior commitments.    Thanks to those who showed up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.