Sunday 12 January 2020

Rumors Double Drummers 1/12/2020

Songs

Feeling Alright
Move It On Over
Shake Rattle And Roll
Midnight Rider
Octopus Garden
Miss You
Jump Blues In The Night

With
Nate Hines-Guitar and Vocal on Move It On Over (1-2)
Steve Stratton-Drummer (1-2)
Mike Williams-Vocals and guitar (3-7)
Bonnie Harrison-Drummer (3-7)
Gary Darling-Bass and vocals (all tracks)
Tommy Bruner-Guitar (all tracks)
Jeff Craft-Keyboards (all tracks)
R.Smith let Steve and Bonnie do all the dirty work on drums
Terry McDowell, Eric Douglas and Dan Johnson-Hosts

There might have been another song but I'm not certain and besides, it's not that important.

Due to icy roads, I forgo going to Stone City to play Rumors on drums.  The snow stayed away till about 8 oclock.

First time I ever jammed with Gary Darling.  He was part of the classic Madness/Akasha band with Tommy and the late Don Timmons on drums.

I'm not sure what the last song was played, but it was some sort of jump blues,  Gary invited me to do a drum solo, which threw me off so I thought of some half assed drum fills.  Guess nobody got the memo that I don't care much for drum solos.

It was on Monday that Neil Peart passed away from brain cancer at age 67.  Neil was the best drummer ever in a rock band but I never put him as one of my influences, simply of the fact that I couldn't copy his drum playing.  He was Keith Moon, Gene Krupa, Ginger Baker and Buddy Rich all in one.  He was untouchable in my book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.