Sunday 5 January 2020

Rumors Helping Hand For Julie

Rumors Song list:

Betty Lou Is Getting Out Tonight
Oh Lonesome Me
Two More Bottles Of Wine
A Song that Jay Devore Knew But Nobody Else Didn't
Honky Tonk Women
All Day And All Of The Night

With:

Dangerous Dan Hartman-Vocals and guitar
Joel McDowell-Bass And Vocals
Bill Bourbon-Vocals and guitar
Jay Devore-Guitar and vocals
Mike Fredericks-Banjo
Morris-Guitar
Dakota McWhortor-Guitar
Nick Lnenicka-Harmonica
Cathy Hart-Sings on Honky Tonk Women
R.Smith-Drums

Bird, Tommy Bruner and Terry McDowell-Mandela Effect hosts.

Plus
The Waubeek All Stars

Phil Bo King
David Lam
Maki Dervo
Dave Bonham
Rodney Smith
Lenny Drake
Rick Tron
Kevin
Danny Trumm
Nelson Borden
Katy Merrifield
Steve Therault
Freddy Jones
Captain Kirksey

Notes:

The Waubeek jam were missing a couple of performers but we all did well and managed to help Kevin on his versions of Solitary Man and I Fought The Law.  First time we ever played together. Also helped Rick Tron his songs of Nights In White Satin, Kyptonite and Twilight Zone,  Guitar Dave played bass.

We love Freddy Jones but the guy was quite high last night and ended up talking way too much and got punched out by some woman and a dude, who both got shown the door soon afterwards.  I actually had the first hour and half off, then played most of the way.  One of the drummers who shows up off and on wanted to help Katy on her songs, but after one song she told him to sit down.  Didn't see him after that.

Sunday-a whole lot of people came out to support Julie and her fundraiser.  While Ron LaFluer lobbied hard for me to help him play drums, Joe Hutchcroft did the honors.  I think he did very well playing drums.  Dave Bonham played bass.

Despite Kevin Burt playing Checkers, we had a full house of musicians and friends.  I got to have Joel McDowell being my bass player for the segment with Dangerous Dan Hartman.  I always looked forward to have him play bass but he's not a fan of Rumors and doesn't come out very often.  Mikey and Jay came up to to play three songs but the song that Jay played, only I had some sort of knowing it a little bit but not enough to keep it interesting.  To combat the dead time, Joel suggested Honky Tonk Woman and All Day And All Of The Night, and he sang them.  Not bad that I rarely play the latter song.

Yes Ryan Paul was there an no he didn't talk to me when he was hugging Lisa Harbit and chatting with Ron.  I think he caught wind of Julie not being too keen about his involvement and tho he was slated to play on our segment, he was no where to be found.  Brook Hoover and Tom Listenbarger also were long gone when their names were called.  Brook didn't stay too long.  But I had a great time chatting with Joel.  I like the way he thinks, wanting to get into the next song as soon as possible.

Julie did a 10 song set with Everlou and I'm always going to have reservations of other bands playing Dreams I'll Never See Again, but they did two Tom Petty songs (much to the disgust of Ry Dawg) and they did cover a few songs I play (Cinnamon Girl, Stop Draggin My Heart Around) but it so nice to see Julie play with a actual full rock band again.  It was her day and her show.  I let her mingle with her friends.

Plus I had to go wish my dad a happy birthday, since he turned 81.  I think he like the card I game him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.