Sunday 23 February 2020

Rumors-The Ed Butler Experience

Songs

Dyer Maker
You Can Never Tell
Wicked Game
To Love Somebody


Richard Edward Butler-Guitar and Lead Vocals
Billy Bourbon-Guitar
Randy Burghdorff-Bass
R.Smith-Drums
Terry McDowell and Tommy Bruner-Hosts



I've been on people's cases to get me a picture with Al Hendricks, Billy Bourbon did come through later on but this one comes from the Crabb's own digital camera.   Since Tommy Patterson's passing, nothing is guaranteed, so I took it upon myself to get a couple.  Thanks to Brenda Snow and George Madion for their help too.  Skeeter Louis and Terry McDowell are in the background.

Notes

I stopped at Aces n Eights to pay a final goodbye to Tommy Patterson and didn't play.  Jay Dean, Rick Gallo, Dan Hartman, Darren Baker, Cathy Hart and Rich Toomsen were there and I spent about an hour and half down there.   In the meantime Jay's bandmate Kimberly was trying out her new band project with Stacey Roccio on guitar at Rumors, but Terry McDowell played drums.  I played earlier with Ed Butler's eccentric set of Dyer Maker.  To which Bird was recording the whole thing.  I might get to hear that later maybe?

I wasn't in the best of moods this afternoon. I spilled my drink at Aces n Eights and then again at Rumors.  Had that happen last night when I air drumming to Four Day Creep.  I'm getting tired of this bullshit. While thinking of leaving early, I got my camera out and took a couple of pics with Al. He played earlier with Mike Lint on drums.   Terry was having problems with the high hat, (Herm messed around with it before I came up) so that took another 15 minutes.

Kimberly was out at Stone City helping Lane Gaffney and got there after I played but she had Stacia Roccio on guitar and she was a whiz.  A surprise was hearing Kimberly sing Stop Draggin My Heart Around, first time I heard her sing it.  That's a song we can duet when she returns to Stone City.

Ed put on a pretty good show, and we nailed Dyer Maker and I found myself confined to Bird's bass beat on the slowed down Wicked Game.  I added some cymbal accents on the chorus. 

A grand total of 8 drummers were on hand today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.