Thursday 25 June 2020

Artisan Sanctuary: Six Feet Apart Distance Between Members

Songs:

Fox On The Run
Please Send Me Somebody To Love
I Rather Not Cry
Logic And Lies
Baby What You Want Me To Do/
I Just Want To Make Love To You/
Rock Me Baby
Lets Work Together
For What Its Worth



Freddy Jones-Harmonica on 5-9

With:
Jim Jacobmeyer (who took the photos) , M.J. Damertri Young, Phil Bo King, Patrick Lower

For What Its Worth dedicated to Devaone Johnson.



Notes:

A return to the open mic night at the Sanctuary and we only had five performers.  Freddy Jones came by later to conclude my set and the show with a blues medley thought up on the spot.   Poor Phil Bo had to deal with a guitar that wouldn't stay in tune.

Everybody had a mask on inside the Sanctuary. I had to pull my off just to sing.  I did cover up when Freddy came on stage but the mask slipped on down anyway.

I shared my Madison bargain hunt encounter with the protesting crowd and everybody was shocked about the statues falling down due to the arrest of Devaonte Johnson, the troublemaker of the State Street who badgered patrons at a bar with a bullhorn and baseball bat.  To which he got arrested.  For What Its Worth was dedicated to him in a offhand way.

In the end, it was an interesting return but I won a six month membership at the Sanctuary to do work on the next album I gather.  Thanks Jim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.