Sunday 14 June 2020

Stone City-The Return Of Acoustic Adventures

For the first time in three months, I had a weekend with a gig and then Sunday's Acoustic Jam outdoors in Stone City.  But first.

Blues Rox played Prairie Creek Saloon outdoors.  The weather was quite nice (tho a bit windy) and the people were quite giving.  It would have been a perfect performance, when once again, another Spinal Tap incident happen.  On the end of Voodoo Chile I tried to grab my cymbal, only to watch it fall in the opposite direction and it hit the pavement and got a nice dent in the process.  Another of God's practical jokes I could do without.  The luck I have been having hasn't been great, in fact it down right sucks.  Till the day I die I don't foresee anything changing for the best.

But anyway, The Norway folks, mostly friends of the Bries came out and supported Blues Rox.  Some woman popped a twenty in the tip jar and requested Wipe Out, so we did.  First time I played it since 1983.  I think we made her happy.

Since our long layoff, we sounded quite good and even the classic rock stuff that we had trouble with came out pretty good.  It was supposed to be a 3 hour gig, but we started late and finished around 9.  I can see why the guys like playing Norway, it's their home and they got the town supporting them.

Sunday Acoustic Showcase-Stone City General Store 6/14/2020

I Fought The Law
I Just Want To Make Love To You
Ring Of Fire
Let's Work Together
Fox On The Fun

Encore:
Last Kiss,Stand By Me,This Magic Moment

With Steve Black Wolf, Donna Jo and Lorie Parker

Bubs Johannes-Host
With

Carl Meiners, Steve Black Wolf, Lorie Parker, Donna Jo Eisner, Bill Schlatter, Katy Merrfield, Guitar Dave Bonham, Adam Keith, Danny Trumm, Ken Becicka

For the first time since March, I played Stone City, this time outdoors.  Very off the wall and making it up as I went searching for a song to play I decided on I Fought The Law.  I just want to make love to you was improvised on the spot as well.  Ring Of Fire was suggested by Ken Smith who had to leave before I took the stage but he and his wife came by to chat a while.   It was the first time that I seen Lorie Parker since the Sanctuary tribute to Julie this year.

Basically, this was a solo set.  We couldn't find a woman that could sing Gold Dust Woman.

Overall, this weekend, the jam and gig were fun outside of denting my cymbal.  I was surprised how well the acoustic set went.  I'm sure I'll do it again next weekend.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.