Sunday 31 March 2013

A Passage To Yesterday

A PASSAGE TO YESTERDAY-2:45
(Smith/Redding)

A passage to yesterday
Returning to days gone by
Thinking of my youth
When it used to be good
When life was easy back then

Records in the store
Is what I came here for
The melody that plays
And takes me away
To a place I've long to return

After the sun goes down
Wait till the stars come out
Make a wish and keep it
For some day it might come true

The life that I lead
Of music you can see
Has been here so far
Just like this old guitar
And shall be my friend till I'm dead

After the sun goes down
Wait till the stars come out
We'll make a wish and keep it
For some day it might come true

Progess must be made
But leave me in my ways
Cause, I'm not from here
And you're not from there
And never the twain shall meet

(C) 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.