Tuesday 26 March 2013

Welcome To The Townedger's Website

In 1969 my folks bought me my first drum set.  It was a toy drumset that had a flashing bulb in the kick drum.  It didn't last too long.

In 1971, my folks bought me a guitar from K mart that cost thirty dollars which included an amp.

In 1972  they bought me another toy drum set that didn't last very long either.  They also bought a cassette recorder that would enable me to record silly drum solos, nonsensical songs about nothing and screaming.

In 1976 my dad bought a reel to reel recorder to which I would steal some of his tapes and record more nonsense and banged on coffee cans.

In 1980 I bought myself a real drumset.  A Zickos that lasted about 8 years and sold off like a idiot.  I wished I still had it.

In 1983 while trying to do another echophonic tape, Jack Orbit informed me to start writing music and learn to play the guitar.  I bugged my old guitar playing buddy from Paraphernalia to show me the chords.  In 1983 my first proper album of real songs So Much For That came out.

In June of 1983, I started another album called Town's Edge Rock.  For three weeks I wrote and played everything and created my own garage rock punk.  It's rude and crude.

Thirty years later I celebrate my 30th year of doing this with a new album called No Exit.  We have come a long way.

This site is intended for the preservation and dedication of all things that is The Townedgers and assorted projects that I played in.  I was searching for the ideal place to do this and after trying Tumblr for a while and not exactly pleased with the end results, I decided to keep it in Blogspot to which also has my Top Ten And Review Site and Consortium site.

The Townedgers Site is all things TEs and with thoughts and lyrics found here for reference.  It's easier to type them out here rather than the computer.  2013 is the year of the return of the Townedgers.  Hang on. it's going to be a long hard ride.