Saturday 30 March 2013

Abstract Girl

ABSTRACT GIRL-3:39
(Smith/Redding)

Well I'm beating it down the line
Going about ninety five
I gotta destination that I must be getting to
She's making pies in the oven
Stuffing cherries into her muffins
She gonna see what trouble she can get into

(C)
And I'm not saying that it's going to be me
But I just have to see
Imperfect world with an abstract girl
Taking our changes on what's to be

Well I'm living fancy and free
Doing what comes naturally
I'm set in my ways, cannot change so come what may
It's not easy for her to do
To give her love to some old fool
There's other guys standing in line but they know she's mine
(C)

Last (C)
I'm not saying that it's going to be me
But I just have to see
Imperfect world with an abstract girl
Making the changes on what's to be.

(C) 2013

A live version substitutes the line

She's baking pies in the oven
Making Chicken Biscuits for supper.

In today's PC word I added that line to get away from the double entre of stuffing cherries in her muffins.  Seems to work better for the live crows as it stands.