Monday 17 February 2014

A Love Like Backfire

Love Like Backfire (1984)

One cherry is right beside me
Two cherries are right behind me
She said baby I love you
But you'll never catch me

I said oh yeah that's what you think
She just smiled and gave me a wink
And if she thinks she's leaving me running
She's got another thing coming

(c)
She's got a love,   love like backfire
Rev up your engine and spin your tires
She's got a love like backfire
She's taking me for a ride

So I caught up and got her by my side
Said come on baby let's go for a ride
She says boy I love your upholstery
Get out of your car and get inside of me
(c)

I didn't know what to do or say
You know the chase is better than the catch
She said don't worry you got plenty of time
The time I need to make you be all mine
(c)

She just loves being taken for a ride

Words: R. Smith/Dennis Lancaster/Russell L Swearingen III
(C) 1984

From Infinite Loop

Tyrus never wrote many songs together.  Most of this came from a notebook of lyrics Dennis had written and I put to music with some minor altercations. Still a juvenile attempt to be like Motley Crue I guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.