Saturday 8 February 2014

Purple Passion








Purple Passion

My passion's running wild better let me out
After a long week I'm gonna take five
Stopped at the store to stock up for the weekend
Saw her coming, I lost my mind

Thinking strange thoughts running in my head
What would I do just to butter her biscuits
She turned around and said I can read your mind
And that led me to a short circuit

I never thought it could be like this
It all started with a little kiss
What do I do, What can I do
I just got gotta get through to you

Take her out, take her out take her out
We don't care
Take her out, take her out, take her out
We don't care, take her out

You sat there and didn't say a word for five minutes
Listen babe, these things take time
She said I'm beginning to think that you're no fun
There are other guys just waiting to be mine

I stand there with my teeth in my hands
Let me catch my breath you know this is hard
I must be crazy, you must be crazy
There'll be justice if I let you get away

Take her out (3)
We Don't Care (repeat above line)

And now  I stand here with my heart in hand
I just wondering if you'll understand
And now I find myself in a different situation
And my ship is about to sink

And now I stand here naked
I'm hoping that you'll understand
As we come together I begin to think
That you put something,
Something in my drink!

Take her down (3)
We Don't Care

C1989 Townedger's Music Emporium

An odd one.

In trying to come up with a new idea we fused AC/DC riffs and turned it into a straight ahead rocker with the oddball middle 8 (The and now lyrics)  which Geoff Redding came up on the spot while we trying to arrange this into something manageable.  It turned out to a chaotic mess that found its way on Moonlight Chronicles.

Purple Passion was dedicated to Laura Henry, a co worker who always wore purple at some form or another and still does to this day.  Even having not seen her for 24 years she's like a fine wine, improves with age.  And still have her infectious smile too.

True story, we did run into each other at the Hy Vee after work which I think I brought up that I played in a band and wrote my own stuff and could probably do one for her to which she thought it was cool and would to hear it someday. 

Maybe some day she'll get to hear it. For the record we were mutual friends, nothing serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.