Wednesday 26 February 2014

In This Town

In this town every morning I awake
Leaving for the city just to get away
Just for the privilege to say that I work
And get paid just enough  to survive

Days may come and days may go
But this in my heart that I know
There's a reason of being here
Placed here by the powers that be

But I feel that I'm getting nowhere
And I know that my girlfriend don't care
And my friends have since done left
Looking for a better place on the edge of nowhere

In this town I just don't exist
I am invisible, lost in the crowds
You see my presence but don't see me
There's a million like you who just pass by

Don't understand me cuz you don't know
You're too busy chasing those dollar signs
You change for the wrong and not the best
Assuming the worst and ask questions later

C1995 R. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.