Friday 28 February 2014

Thoughts Of The Townedger-Feb

Two months into this year and no new songs to speak of.  Course it didn't help when I slashed my finger on a piece of shit made in China garbage can, that has set me back about 2 weeks.  This weekend is D day, to decide if the 1980-1982 albums get the CD treatment.  If not we'll put the cassettes back in place and forget about them till next winter.

I really don't get much views out of here but I get less at the Facebook TE site. I use this as a archives site for lyrics and albums and since I don't tour, nobody hears anything unless they buy the CDs (which is nil sales) or frequent the sites that have the Townedgers album for your disposal.  But a few of you do care.  At least I hope you do.

Ever since I turned 40, recording anymore depends on the way I feel or what mood I am and so far, these sessions are just as chaotic as they were the last few times.  The Roland VS 880 took a shit and died and the hard drive they don't make anymore so that got recycled. Wished I would have gotten more use out of it did the 2,000 dollars I paid for it back in 99 but that's the story of my life.  Just like trying to find the vocal tracks from 30 and trying to pop them out front.  Sometimes it doesn't feel like it's worth the effort to make an album anymore.  But I'm due a couple more before everything is said and done.  Martin Daniels does his damnest to keep me going and inspired.  And the folks at Radio Buzz'd who supported my efforts by playing my albums continue to ask for more music, so here we are.

The magic number is 55.  Which means about 2 more new albums to complete before I retire from it all. For a hobby it feels more like work when trying to record and have everything that goes wrong will go wrong and I end up in a screamfest with the producer and the recording engineer but I'm thinking Richard Dennanbaugh is getting altzheimers as well. About 4 times he hit the wrong button and songs got lost since the red light didn't come on.

The Purple Passion woman still works up where I'm at and Laura has a cute smile and when she says hi, I just melt like a teenager.  But that is as far as it goes.  For a 25 year old song and events, she's still looks good in her late 40s but we're not getting together.   I'm not interested. Neither is she.

Good news to report on Mike Swearingen, he's gone from 350 pounds to around 200 and dropping more each day, I like to know his secret but if it has to do with smoking more cigarettes and drinking schnapps I'll pass. Looks like he will live and has gotten his groove back.  He's telling his silly jokes again.

The Townedgers remain a non tobacco and non smoking band. Neither Geoff or Martin are smokers.  Nor drinkers.   I really wish I can get my BFF Russ to quit smoking but don't believe he really wants to.  Amazing over the years of bar band playing that we played some of the most smoke filled rooms and had to fumigate everything afterwards.  I did drink back then but an enlarged liver changed that.  So I don't although I do crave a Jack N Coke from time to time.

I haven't mentioned much about Will Sigsbee that much, he played in Tyrus in 1984 for a spell.  Not a very good guitar player, Will has actually gone on to bigger and better things it seems. After leaving our band, Will enrolled at Iowa State and got a 4 degree and went into the health care business.  He's now general manager of HIE (whatever that is) services, at IOD Incorporated in the Twin Cities. He might be the most successful band member that ever played in Tyrus/Paraphernalia.

I only dated once since my breakup and that was a casual going out, nothing more.  History has shown that I am the worst boyfriend anybody could have.  It didn't help back in the 70s that I chose the wrong one to be a steady date and the other bad choice was the one in town that we couldn't get on the right page when the time was right.  The former was a Gemini. Worst relationships I ever had were by Gemini but if they're guys and play guitars then we got along fine.  Geoff and Martin both are Gemini.  Thank God they're not female.

Isabella is a Gemini and as split personality as they came. Our getting together in 2001 was a combination of the highest of highs and lowest of lows later in our second and final meeting.  But happy to report that she's still alive and doing fine and living in the Spokane area.  And married.  Basically the inspiration of the song Isabella from There's Nothing Left (2001) before we got together.  We had some good times together but a lot of bad as well.  Wonder if she still have her snakes of long ago though.  No intention of getting catching up though, she damned near drove me insane in the time we were together.  But it's good to know she's still alive, another piece of the puzzle that has been found and placed into position.

When you have depression, you never get rid of it.  Some days I'll be fine, some days, especially in winter when it's snowing and cold all the time the sadness does creep in.  Drugs for depression never helped me, in fact they made me worse. So basically I pray to get through the day.  Again results vary.

Despite the onslaught of rap and Bro Country and cookie cutter music, I still believe that the power of guitar rock bands will return, since I'm in the twilight of a 4 decade music lifetime I'll doubt if I'll be around to see that happen.  Too much Corporate interference has ruined free radio and the major labels but I'm sure some band in the garage will be making use of the same 3 chords and the truth to become the next big thing. Millions of people and bands have been using them for decades.  But there will be a band out there that will be inspired and original enough to take it to the next level.

Sloppiness is art.  And Keith Moon taught me how to bash on the drums as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.