Wednesday 21 March 2018

Checkers' Jam 3/21/18

Setlist:

I'd Rather Not Cry/Gold Dust Woman
Act Naturally
Woman (Sensuous Woman)
She Belongs To Me
Let's Work Together/Jet Airliner/Turn On Your Love Light
Summertime Blues
Knockin On Heaven's Door/Helpless

With:
Julie Gordon: Lead Vocals (Gold Dust Woman)
Dave Bonham: Guitar (Knocking On Heaven's Door)
Ed Butler: Lead Vocals (Helpless)
Donna Jo-Percussion (Knocking On Heaven's Door)
Carol: Guitar (Knocking On Heaven's Door)

And
Kimberly Trevellion
Tommy Bruner
Glen Gardner
Mike Frederick
Mark Randolph
Steve Black Wolf
Pam Herrington
DJ Havenstot
Rick Wynger

This might be my last Checker's Jam.  Pam had issues about me ordering water and I got frustrated with her on that.  I told her I wanted no caffeinated drinks, she suggested bottled water and I said the hell with that, so we settled on Sprite and Chicken Strips.  And choked on the strips through my performance.

Since Tommy and Kimberly were there, Julie and I decided to be the first to do Gold Dust Woman right off the bat.  Originally I started out doing an original I'd Rather Not Cry but Julie thought it was the intro to Gold Dust Woman, so I basically went into the melody of the latter.

For some strange reason I was playing around Let's Work Together before going into Jet Airliner and then added Turn On Your Love Light as the finale.  Something different.  And for a final song, Dave suggested a short song and somebody requested Summertime Blues.  So I ended my segment with that song.  I do requests.

The encore was Knocking On Heaven's Door with Helpless thrown in as a medley too by Ed. Which gave me and Julie some cuddle time on stage as we sang backup and did percussion.

And after that it was over, the place emptied out and everything was torn down and ready to go home before 10:15.  The fastest load out that I've seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.