Sunday 25 March 2018

Stone City Acoustic Showcase 3/25/18

Setlist:

Act Naturally
Tulsa Time
Teri My Love
Everybody's Talking

With

Aaron Call-Fiddle


Plus:
Lane Gaffney
Bart Bock
Lenny Drake
Bill Schlatter
Glen Gardner
Jay Devore
Mike Fredericks
Rocky Smith
Maki Dervo



(Aaron Call with Glen Gardner)

Somewhat a short set, but I figured since I extended Tulsa Time and Teri My Love and have Aaron play fiddle on the songs at hand.  Still dealing with the aftereffects of being stuck with the flu and my wonderful situation at work so I kept things simple and people liked the songs.  In terms of theory Aaron was the star of my segment.


We got buried in a foot of snow Saturday but the roads were fine once you left the mud roads in Viola.  And Dubuque didn't see any of the snow.  However, since I was up there, I decided to spend an hour at Moondog Music and sort through the 45s that he had up there. The old hippie did have five boxes of CDs he invited me to check out, but mostly were country and hair metal.   I did buy 10 45s, plus 2 Apple records, a Mary Hopkin Que Sara Sara and Wing's Juniors Farm but gave those two back to him in exchange for California Sun by The Rivieras.  A fair exchange I think.

Lane had to make a run up to Waterloo to help his wife, who locked herself out of the car at the Wally World up there and he was gone for a couple hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.