Sunday 1 April 2018

Rumors Reunion Jam

With:

Glen Gardner-Lead Vocal and guitar
Greg DeGood-Electric Guitar
Dave Bonham-Bass
R.Smith-Drums
Bob Gleason-Harmonica
Nick Lenicka-Harmonica

Two songs:  Can't You See and Baby I Love Your Way

Host Band

Brook Hoover
Tommy Bruner
Dan Johnson
Terry McDowell
Jeff Overly

With:

Julie Gordon
Rob Haskill
Greg and Brenda Mein
Ernest The Soul Man
Rick Clay
Kyle David Miller
Tami Soukup
Ann Mishmash
Mike Lint
Jay Devore
Mike Frederick
Sonya Adair

And many others.

I backed up Glen on a couple numbers.  It was the first I backed Glen up on drums and it went well.

Since I have become involved in Stone City Acoustic Jams, I haven't made much appearances at Rumors. Since it was Easter, the General Store was closed.

Brook was dealing with the flu so he laid low for most of the afternoon.  Jeff made a surprise showing but had to leave during the first break.  Jay and Mike surprised me by showing up.

I didn't play along the hosts of the jam which was a bit surprising now that I think of it.  Brenda and Greg wanted me to help them on their songs, but that didn't happen either.   Terry was kind  enough to pick my drumsticks up from the floor while I was taking to Brenda and Greg.

Julie would show up later and wowed the people with her singing.  With Rob Haskill on drums and Tommy on guitar and Dan on bass  she debuted The Letter and she really sang that song quite well. For Wicked Game, Rob added a more rocking beat than usual but he was spot on.  She also sang Stormy Monday

Since I had to get to the recycling center before sundown, I bailed when  Rick Clay started up Dreams I'll Never See Again. I'm certain Terry did an excellent job playing drums but it does seem like when I play it, it's a lot more faster and more intense.

I talked to Brenda about helping her and Greg get some kind of a band project going in the near future.  She said she couldn't hear herself, the monitors were not working.  Their songs were Going Up The Country, Heard It In A Love Song, Amie and Shooting Star and one other that I can't think of the name (it wasn't Tom Petty).

Cooters did have a acoustic jam, and Dave went to that.  I went to the Recycling Center and emptied my recycling bin and then spent the evening with Julie as we watched Portlandmania and she made organic pizza.  I surprised her with a dinner and a movie and we watched The Shape Of Water, a pretty good fantasy movie.  I also found her a saucepan  at Goodwill and gave that to her as a present. She doesn't go to jams very often, certainly not Rumors but people were happy to see her.

With that, we're probably back at Stone City once again.  It may be a while before I return back to Rumors as I continue to find my own music playing guitar and singing.  I just needed to get some practice playing drums.



."It was incredible watching and listening to such an outstanding group of talented musicians play so many great tunes today! High five everyone!"- Terry McDowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.