Sunday 22 April 2018

Stone City Acoustic Showcase 4/22/18

Setlist:

Six Days On The Road
I Started Hating Cheatin Songs Today
Logic And Lies
Everybody's Talking

With
Glen Gardner
Carl Meiners
Mike Frederick
Jay Devore
Lane Gaffney
Bart Bock
Mike Waite
Aaron Carl
Kim Trevellion
Phil Thomas
Darryl Hokanson
And many others
Including my brother and Aaron

Still not 100 percent but I thought I tough it out and returned to the General Store to play a four song set.  I managed to hold it together and not hack and cough through the songs so I must be feeling better.  In a way I am, but the cold flu crud is still got a good hold on me.  I think I'm about 65 percent done with this shit.

Carl came back from Arizona, but the big surprise was seeing my brother Rick staying to hear me sing. I think he had a good time and we exchanged high fives and devil horns across the stage.  Lane told me that even last week's storm didn't keep people away.  It was actually wall to wall people there.  I probably had better days and there were mistakes made on the songs but for somebody still half crocked on cold meds and a congested nose I managed to pull the job off quite well if I say so myself.



One year ago, I went to see Dreams Of Arcadia play Cooters only to have that show canceled out and then eventually went to her place and took part of a improtov jam and spent the whole night there.  Looking back to see it all, I wished I could have done more than just Knocking On Heaven's Door.  Somehow this the beginning of a start of being together with Julie. Technically December 2nd was the day that we officially started seeing each other. But it was April 21, 2017 that our lives became intertwined.

Although my life remains chaos, I'm happy that she is a part of my life.  I enjoy the things we do together, singing on stage, watching movies, even spending time on the treadmill watching tv, she's a revelation upon herself.  My love for her remains stronger than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.