Sunday 15 April 2018

Weekend Jams-Brenda's Birthday Bash

Songlist:

Turn On Your Lovelight
The Last Time
I Fought The Law
Ring Of Fire
Everybody's Talking
For What Its Worth
Paint It Black
Can't You See
The Weight
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Dock Of The Bay
Within You
Lyin Eyes
The Deranged Toaster
The Weight Part 2
Turn The Page Part 2
Whiplash

With:

Greg Mein-Guitar, vocals
Brenda Hoskins-Mein-Flute, keyboards, vocals
Maki Dervo-drums, panflute, guitar vocals
Kim Bean-drums
Donna Jo Eisner-Vocals, percussion
Russell Keeney-Guitar and vocals
Bruce Bingman-backing vocals
Bobby Montgomery-Sax and drums
Tami Wildcat-vocals



Traci Jarvis:Photo Credit. R.Smith, Brenda, Greg, Russell Keeney, Bruce Bingman the band.

Just like the Rubies Benefit, I had to pull out of the Quentin Duarte Benefit with Baggy Spandez Commadores and CR Dicks on Sunday due to the fucking flu and yet another snowstorm.

I was beginning to get the chills last night after loading the drums up and having a decent set with Brenda and Greg's duet group.  Some good times with a guy that brought a saxophone which we extended my songs out to ridiculous lengths   There's seems to be potential for a new band out of all of this and we'll see what happens.   But my body begin to failed me last night and today.

So for my reward I stayed home and did not play in the jams and benefit for today.  GFD my life.

Four Day Creep played CRL, only to have the power go out and Troy Mitchell falling off the stage and breaking his foot in two places.  Their next gig is first week in May at Aces And Eights.  No word on who will be playing drums.  The guess would be Terry or Patrick.

Just announced:  The Bacon Jam which, three years ago I sneaked up to see at Checker's has now been revived and ready to play on Wednesday Nights at the Silver Star Saloon, which also on the same night that Checker's has the acoustic Wednesday night jams.  If I didn't have a evening job I would be playing every night..................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.