Sunday 8 April 2018

Various Jams-Waubeek/Stone City

Set list:  F B Company-Waubeek 4.8-18

Six Days On The Road
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Woman
Ring Of Fire
Every Mother's Son
Turn On Your Love Light
Everybody's Talking
For What It's Worth

With
Phil Bo King-Backing Vocals
Kirksey-Guitar and vocals
Nelson-drums
Jay Devore-Guitar
Mike Frederick-Banjo

I played drums for Phil Bo King, David Lam, Steveo, Lenny Drake on their set.


Notes: They saved me for last once again, but this time out I had people out there.  Nelson backed me up on drums the majority of my set and so I basically extended some of the songs out.

I went to watch the Cedar Rapids Kernels play Quad Cities at home and only got to hang around for 5 innings before I had to make my way to Waubeek.to play the jam.  Even with a winter coat and jacket, I still froze in the 35 degree temp despite the sun being out.  Not a lot of people there and most did leave before I left.  However the game went 10 innings and Cedar Rapids won it 4-3.


Stone City Acoustic Showcase 4/8/18

Songs

White Christmas (Snippet)
Six Days On The Road
I Started Hating Cheating Songs Today
Woman
Logic And Lies
It's My Time
For What It's Worth

With
Lane Gaffney
Bart Bock
Ron LeFlure
Cory Baker
Glen Gardner
Richard Edward Butler
Jay Devore
Mike Frederick
Rocky Smith

Yet another snowstorm (we had more of them the past month than of all of November-Feb) so I stayed close to home.  That didn't stop Glen nor Ed from making the trip from CR and Coralville to play a few of their songs.   I started up with a teaser of White Christmas before going into Six Days On The Road.  I Started Hating Cheating Songs Today made its debut.  It was a fine crowd and they liked the majority of songs that I did, which slanted more toward country than rock.  To after the final song, I said Merry Christmas and thanks for having me Stone City.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.