Friday 23 March 2018

Long Branch Acoustic Showcase 3/23/18

Set list:

Cars (Improvised)
U Can't Touch Dis (Improvised)
The Long Branch Three Chord Blues Rock Thingy With Tony Nickels
Let's Work Together
You're My Best Friend
In The Wind Tonight
I'd Rather Not Cry/Everybody's Talking
Fox On The Run
Stop Draggin My Heart Around
Behind Blue Eyes
The Last Time
Sundown
All Along The Watchtower
Logic And Lies

With
Tony Nickels
Joe Doyle

I hate my job.  There's always one person that continues to be a burr under my saddle, namely the big DODO Brain.  Once again, the dodo brain complained to the boss about me talking to a coworker.  I hope I can hang for another couple months and make it 30 years of being there but I'm sure the fucking dodo bird brain will find another way to write me up.  That;s why I play mad drums.  I have to take it out on something.

But the sooner they let me go, the sooner I can get back to playing more weeknight jams.  Disgusted and pissed off (my nerves were so shot, I ended up throwing up my dinner), I went home and vented and then went off to The Long Branch to blast the blues away.

It was the first time I played the Long Branch this year.  Imagine my surprise that nobody was there.  The big winter storm drove everybody away but it didn't arrive till after 11 after everybody packed up.  Me and Tony messed around with the Gary Numan song and then I messed around with the Hammer song and then we did a 10 minute improvised song on the C D G chords. Then Tony and I jammed to Let's Work Together.

After that, he gave me free rein of the stage and since nobody was there I tried a  new song, You're My Best Friend, the Don Williams version not Queen.  And then did Sundown in the Gordon Lightfoot style.  I went from I'd Rather Not Cry to Everybody's Talking just to see if it worked.  And then did Stop Draggin My Heart Around without a female vocalist.

Things were done by 10 oclock, and I made it home before the Thundersleet took over and buried everything in white.  Winter is not done yet.

NOTES:  Tony and I were the only ones remaining after Joe and his friend left.  Glen Gardner and Ed Butler were in Iowa City to watch Graham Nash play.  Steve Black Wolf stayed home due to the weather.

It was the first time that I played at the Long Branch since Black Friday, four month ago.  And had the same turnout of people.  Just me and Tony.

The Snowagreddon that we had was the most snowfall of this winter. A foot of the wet shit.  It will be all melted and flooding things in five days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.