Saturday 10 March 2018

Whittier Acoustic Showcase 3/10/18

Songlist:

Act Naturally (False Start)
Keep On Trucking
Woman (Sensuous Woman)
She Belongs To Me
When Will I Be Loved
Lovesong
It's My Time
Everybody's Talking
Love's Made A Fool Out Of You

Notes: Only six people showed up to play guitar and sing. Rich, the percussionist was the chosen one to get sick with the flu.

Allen McGrew managed to hang around for almost two hours tonight.

My performance was subpar.  Spent most of the day playing records and then went over a few songs.  But blew Act Naturally and couldn't get into Keep On Trucking.  I made another attempt to cover Lovesong from The Cure but again, that's Julie's song, and she sings it better than I could.  Julie opted to stay home and in reality she didn't miss much although I missed her vocal presence.

Out of all the jammers, I didn't bring a guitar amp and used The Blue Brat as the guitar of choice tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.