Sunday 24 June 2018

Stone City Acoustic Showcase 6/24/18

Stone City Set list:
No Expectations
Games People Play
Switch Board Susan
The Race Is On
Midnight Rider
Aaron Caryl: Fiddle


With

Bill Sclatter
Phil  Bo King
Diane Koening
Carl Meiners
Maki Dervo
Angie Lambert-Cox
Mae and June
Shawn Ster
Billylee Janey
Danny Trumm
Rocky Smith
Mike Fredericks
Joe Greene
Bart Bock

And 

Lane Gaffney Host.


(Mikey on Banjo, Aaron on Fiddle, Carl sings, the other two I can't think of their name)


The OH CARL support group,  Diane Koening, took the photos, Danny Chang is the guy in the hat, Angie Cox is the woman in the hat between Mae and June

Notes:  Most of the jammers were either here or at Rumors, where they crammed into that place for some hard rock and roll.  I love jamming with Rick Clay on Dreams I'll Never See Again but Terry McDowell really does a great job playing the drums and hitting the breaks just like the true professional that he is.   I  thought about going there to jam but I was feeling the after effects of yesterday's gigs, and I took a Tyenol PM in the morning which got me to be out of it most of the day.  Therefore I stayed close to home although plenty of the faithful was at Rumors.

For Stone City, it was a rare showing by Phil Bo King and Carl came back from biking across Missouri only to get it again from the women when he sang Your Cheating Heart.  He couldn't escape the OH CARL from the ladies from Stone City.  Used to be that it was Checkers but thanks to Donna Jo and Lorie Parker from the last Stone City jam, OH CARL can be heard in Stone City as well.

I'm not sure if Billy Lee Janey played Stone City; I left during Shawn's set to get back home and make supper.  Too many flies buzzing around the General Store for me to order anything and once the Flies land on your food or drink, you can't eat it anyway. I had a pesky fly on my drink last night at Urban Pie and I didn't drink from that glass anymore.  I hate flies,especially when they buzzing and landing on your food, drink whatever.  Another reason why I'm wearing a hat now.

I had Aaron Carl backing me up on my songs.  He's a cool guy and an excellent fiddle player and yes he makes my songs sound good too.  Just like Julie.  Having guest players always does make the songs better than they are when I'm play solo.  I was frustrated I couldn't find the words to Tulsa Time or Dead Flowers so Aaron chose Midnight Rider for the final number. Although I listed 14 people as guests, there were four women that played that I didn't get their names.  The General Store was quite rocking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.