Sunday 27 January 2019

Stone City Acoustic Showcase In The Great Icebox

Songlist: 

Ole 55
Fox On The Run
Good Time Charlie 
Ring Of Fire
Greenback Dollar
Sundown.


With:

Aaron Caryl-Fiddle
Danny Dias-Harmonica
Sharon Eide -Backing vocal (Ring Of Fire, Sundown)

In the third weekend of snow and cold crap, I stayed close to home and went to the General Store and did a jam with Aaron and for the first time,Danny playing harmonica. Sharon helped on Ring Of Fire and Sundown.  Danny has been one of best loved jammers of the Stone City jams and I never used him of the fact that I play more obscure songs.  I may ask him to join me up on later jams.  Anybody can jam with me, provided if they know the song.

Greenback Dollar was done for the first time.

Bubba Joannes  was in for Lane Gaffney as host.

Dave Bonham was there along with Maki Dervo.  And Bill Schlatter too. 

Due to the 30th snowstorm of the month, I was not able to get into town to do the Rumor's jam nor participate in the Kevin Burt invitation jam at Checkers, which might be the start of something new.  But despite the rotten weather Burt did have a pretty good turnout.  Karl Hudson and Peter Ciappiano joined Layne Goldsberry and Tommy Bruner (with Terry McDowell as host) of the Sunday Funday jam and turnout was better than expected I think.  I won't know till the Rumor's Jam Roll Call is posted later in the week.  Helping the Boy Scout Hippies did prevent me from doing Stone City last Sunday but it was a major money making gig for me.  Ron can't be all that bad.

Ron and Dakota did play Friday Night at CRL as a replacement band when the other band couldn't make it due to snowstorm 29.  I do thank Ron for contacting me about that gig, but it didn't work out since I was at work and couldn't make it at all.  They also played Whiskey River Saturday Night, but I had to work and later stopped down to see Karl Hudson and The Buzz (with Jeff Overly at Dirty Shirley's) and later Everlou with Kathy Hart Spina at CRL.  She was quite surprised and happy to see me.   Jeff Brown, the Four Day Creep sound guy and roadie was at CRL and we hung out together before driving him home.  We both agreed that while Everlou did a commendable version of Dreams I'll Never See Again, the band made some mistakes.  Rick Clay can play those leads in his sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.