Thursday 21 February 2019

Artisan Sanctuary Open Mic-Vertigo Part 2

Setlist:

Get It Over With
Ole 55
All Over Now
If You See Her
Logic And Lies
For What It's Worth/
Cinnamon Girl

NOTES:

Still dealing with dizziness issues and I think my stage fright is back but I managed to survive that and played a better than thought  20 Minute set.  Get It Over With had a different arrangement and the riff to humble pie's I Don't Need No Doctor started out All Over Now.

And to throw a monkey-wrench into the whole set list, I went from the end to For What It's Worth into Cinnamon Girl.  I'm not sure why I did it, it sounded like a good idea and actually got good compliments from the folks at hand.

I have taken 3 sick days from work due to this vertigo issue so I may not be able to participate in any more week night jams anywhere.  God help us if another snowstorm comes along.

Patrick Lower had to have his left index finger removed due to a cancer concern. He's been having a worse year than me, with his junk car problems and now his finger.  He's sez he's doing better.  I hope he is, he's a wizard behind the sound of the artisan jams.

Dealing With Vertigo (Part 2)

From a viewpoint, it felt like stage fright was returning back to me on the Wed and especially Thursday night jam.  I felt strange on stage, not practicing beforehand and went on stage cold.  I had songs picked out but then my mind went blank.  So I decided to throw riffs into the beginning, somehow Get It Over With was done different and not exactly better. I look into the crowd and things are blurry, my guitar is hitting the music stand and I was getting pissed off about that.  Another Spinal Tap moment. All Over Now, somehow I was hearing Humble Pie's Don't Need No Doctor and couldn't remember the words, all of a sudden the All Over Now lyrics came to mind and I remembered about 80 percent of the words

Dave called out the Richie Haven's song Freedom but I opted to go with For What's It Worth, to which Ray and Barry would do their own version when they came up after me.  I thought I would extend the song by going into Cinnamon Girl.  Somehow that song has been cropping up quite a bit the last few times I played.  I'm surprised Julie didn't come up and sing that song with me Wednesday Night. Anyway, after that  I was done.  I had no more to offer and was still dealing with the aftereffects of the vertigo problem and retired for the evening.  Dave Bonham would do his own version of Everybody's Talking.

That night a lot of the jammers played Dylan covers, and of course yours truly had to use that Blonde On Blonde wheeze that everybody laughs at.  Dave did Tangled Up In Blue (A good version) Jeff and Berry did two (Knocking On Heaven's Door and You Ain't Goin Nowhere)  and Patrick sang Just Like A Woman.   Looking back I should have done Spanish Harlem Incident or She Belongs To Me.

Unlike's the last Open mic, we had a few folks there and the show ended right around 10 PM.  Ron and Dakota were not there but Dave and Sharon was.  Dave mentioned that Vance Hanson, the freeloader who ruined Julie's car rummaged through his things and pretty much took all the drugs that was left behind.  It's a sad fact that Julie trusted her car and house to a total junkie halfwit who destroyed her car and almost her place.  You think she would know better by now, but she tries her best to help the fallen and the worthless and I don't think she'll ever change.  She does mean well; it's a shame that the ones she tries to help ends up dumping on her.

We'll see how things go this weekend in Stone City at the next acoustic showcase. But it was a struggle to perform these past two nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.